If you know of a college student in the south LA/MS/AL region (ie, from Lafayette, LA to Mobile, AL, and north to Alexandria, LA and Jackson, MS) in a construction management related field of study (eg, engineering, architecture, construction management, construction tech, etc), please pass this info on to them!
Deadline: April 2
Application Download: ow.ly/d/uPU
The Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Gulf Coast Chapter is dedicated to leading the growth and acceptance of construction management as a profession discipline that can add significant value to the entire construction process, from conception to ongoing operation. To promote CMAA’s objectives, the CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter will award two (2) scholarships to qualified students to help defray the costs of pursuing a degree in Construction Management or a related-degree program in the Chapter’s region. The value of the scholarships varies from year to year, but will typically average $1,000 each.
The deadline for submission of applications is April 2, 2012. The criteria and review process for the scholarships are detailed below:
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) full academic year of studies, and must have a minimum of one (1) full academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued.
• Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a Construction Management (CM) degree program, or other CM-related degree program in the Gulf Coast Chapter region, and show a strong interest in a career in CM, as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package.
The CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter scholarship selection committee will consider the following in selecting recipients of the scholarships:
• academic performance
• quality of essay on future plans and scholarship interest
• recommendation of faculty advisor
• extracurricular activities
The CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter scholarship selection committee will review all complete applications received, and make its recommendations to the CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter Board of Directors for approval. Selected winners will be notified on or about April 30, 2012 and the scholarships will be presented at the CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter Awards Banquet in New Orleans on May 18, 2012.